Ellie Kanigsberg, OT Reg. (Ont)
- I am an Occupational Therapist with a practice exclusively in psychotherapy. I specialize in providing treatment and consultation for complex trauma, anxiety and dissociative disorders. Since graduating from McGill, I have accumulated more than 30 years of work experience in Montreal, Boston and Ottawa. I am a founding member of the Centre for Treatment of Sexual Abuse and Childhood Trauma, as well as a founding member of the Ottawa Anxiety and Trauma Clinic. I am also a primary monitor for the Physician Health Program of the Ontario Medical Association, and a registered provider for Veterans Affairs Canada.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- I provide individual therapy to adults suffering from:
- Anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, dissociative disorders, phobias, sexual abuse and childhood trauma, grief and loss, and life adjustments and transitions (e.g. weddings, retirement, job loss)
- I use Hypnosis to treat a variety of medical and stress-related problems:
- E.g. pain, preparation for surgery, irritable bowel syndrome, chemotherapy, smoking cessation, adjustment to disease, etc.
- I also provide consultation to health care providers regarding the treatment of complex trauma and dissociation and the use of Sandtray Therapy and Hypnosis as approaches to treatment.
- In addition to traditional psychotherapy, I am one of a handful of Canadians trained and qualified in the use of Sandtray Therapy, an innovative experiential therapy. I am also trained in the therapeutic use of Hypnosis, as well as Ego State Therapy.
- I use the above approaches to help individuals and family members regain their ability to function, to return to gainful employment (if applicable), and to cope with life adjustments and transitions
- I am a member of the Ontario College of Occupational Therapists and the Canadian Federation of Clinical Hypnosis (Ontario Division).
I can be reached at 613-228-1174, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My office is located at 98 Centrepointe Dr.